The Official Website Of Silsden AFC - NWCFL Tuesday 16th August - League Game

News Events Mobile Find Us
NWCFL Tuesday 16th August - League Game
SILSDEN AFC 2016-17 Season's review.
18th Aug 16
NWCFL Tuesday 16th August - League Game
Silsden AFC 0 v Charnock Richard 1                 Grimshaw 13

The North West Counties Football League Division One 2016-17

Tuesday, 16 August 2016

SILSDEN AFC 0 v Charnock Richard 1
                               Grimshaw 13



Att. 141  


Following Silsden’s fine start to the campaign on Saturday against Ashton Town they failed to recapture their finishing power and this time drawing a blank against a physically strong Mancunian outfit who set their stall out early on.


An early near post corner from the right from the visitors was scrambled clear and then in the 7th minute Silsden 'keeper Callum Jakovlevs was called into early action diving to his left to save Sam Parkinson's free kick, pushing away for a corner.


But in the 13th minute Jakovlevs lost his footing causing him to parry Spencer Bibby's free kick from 25 yards out, enabling visitors’ marksman Carl Grimshaw to latch onto the rebound and gleefully smash home the rebound to open the scoring.


Silsden responded well though, Nicky McNally receiving the ball in the Charnock Richard box, twisting and turning but  shot tamely straight at Adam Halton in the visitors goal.


Minutes later the locals should have been on terms when Chris Wademan's defence splitting through ball found Will Storrie’s run but he squandered the opportunity, slicing his shot well wide of the right upright when he should have done better.


Then Wademan fed Danny Forrest on the left hand corner of the visitors’ box, but he shaped his curling shot wide of the far post.


With half time fast approaching Josh McNulty’s ball forward found Forrest’s run and he appeared to be pulled back by a defender before clearing the ball for a corner, however the referee and his assistant saw and gave nothing.

From the resulting flag kick Kyle Hancock’s ball deep into the melee of players in the box, found a defenders arm make contact with the ball before it was cleared, but once again the officials were unimpressed by the vehement appeals from home players, officials and spectators alike and the referee blew up for half time.


Silsden battled hard to get back on terms, coming out for the second period playing with more tempo and in the 47th minute Wademan latched onto Forrest’s clever through ball, broke in from the right but fired wide of the far post with the angle narrowing.


The well drilled visitors held firm and had already moved into “game management” mode taking every opportunity to slow the game down and the game started to get a bit scrappy and littered with bookings as the officials struggled to keep on top of things.


Kaine lost possession in his own half and Parkinson took advantage by homing in on goal, but shot wide with the aid of a deflection. Silsden broke straight down the other end from the resulting corner, McNally forcing a fine diving save from Halton as he cut in from the right. Then McNulty broke free down the left as the Cobbydalers searched manfully for an equaliser, but his superb ball across the 6 yard box eluded everyone and went out of play for a throw.


On 65 minutes Charnock Richard almost added a second from a corner, a combination of Josh Eastwood's knee & the far post causing the ball to ricochet and nestle in Jakovlevs grateful hands following a free header.


Minutes later the visitors forced a free kick which Parkinson struck well, but Jakovlevs was equal to it and came to the rescue, expertly diving to his left to save at the expense of a corner.


Both sides made substitutions as Silsden pressed late on throwing everything but the kitchen sink at the visitors, who were by this time well into "game management" mode. And in the 4 minutes added time following a ball in from the left, Eastwood lost his footing, but from the ground with his back to goal hooked overhead only to see his goal-bound effort deflect off a defenders knee in the crowded penalty box and away for a corner as the visitors held out for all 3 points.


Silsden AFC:

Jakovlevs, Eastwood, McNulty, Kaine (c), Gill (K), Richardson, Forrest, Hancock, McNally(Smith L), Wademan, Storrie (Marshall). Subs not used: Gill (J), Cox & Barylski


Charnock Richard:

Halton, Bibby, Norgate, Ashcroft, Gibson, Swarbrick (Dashti), Adams, Fairhurst, Grimshaw, Parkinson (Burros), Smith. Subs not used: Leece


Referee: E, Edet

Assistant referee 1: Manfred Wojas

Assistant Referee 2: Charles Veighey

Enter the town or city where your located and press the get direction button below to find your way to the Silsden ground.
The Silsden website is apart of the Eighty Nine Media club group - Find out more click here
Home - About Us - Advertising - Support - General Enquiries - Getting Started
This website is the only official website of Silsden and is Copyright Silsden (the "Club"). Commercial reproduction, distribution or transmission of any part or parts of this website or any information contained therein by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the Club is not permitted.
  Copyright Eighty Nine Media Ltd 2010 - 2017. (All design, layout, forms, widgets and coding is copyright of Eighty Nine Media. Commercial reproduction, distribution or transmission of any part or parts of this website or any information contained therein by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of Eighty Nine Media is not permitted)